Welcome to the eLearning Team’s virtual workshop offerings to support the start-up of the fall term (note: the first day of classes is September 7, 2021).
These workshops will provide faculty with a basic orientation to Camosun’s core educational technologies:
- Desire2Learn (D2L) – Learning Management System
- Blackboard Collaborate Ultra – Web Conferencing
- Kaltura – Video Streaming Service
- Since our new Colleague integration, a D2L course shell will be automatically generated for all course sections.
- Most eLearning workshops are recorded unless otherwise noted.
- If you are unable to attend the workshops and need assistance, contact email@example.com and you will be connected with an instructional designer.
For registering into any of our workshops, go to the Library Workshops page.
Workshops for Fall Start-Up
Description: This workshop will provide you with an overview of the essential teaching tools available in our learning management system, D2L.
Dates & Times
- Tuesday, August 31, 10:00-11:30am
- Wednesday, September 8, 1:30-3:00pm
D2L Course Set-up
Description: This workshop will focus on setting up your course for Day 1. We will demonstrate how to copy course components (from your DEV or MASTER course to your LIVE offering), customize your homepage, apply a course banner, create a welcome news item and streamline your navigation bar.
Date & Time
- Wednesday, September 1, 10:30am-12:00 pm
Introduction to Blackboard Collaborate Ultra
Description: Collaborate is a web-conferencing tool that integrates with D2L. This session will provide you with a basic overview of the tools and functions within Collaborate as well as provide instructors with tips on how to use this tool to connect with students and facilitate effective learning experiences.
Date & Time
- Thursday, September 2, 10:30am-12:00pm
Video Basics with Kaltura and D2L
Description: Kaltura is Camosun College’s streaming media service that offers easy-to-use video management and creation tools that integrate directly into D2L. Think of it as Camosun’s own YouTube service. Learn how faculty and students can create and manage their videos from one central location and publish those videos directly into D2L.
Date & Time
- September 2, 1:30-3:00pm
If there is a workshop topic you are interested in but is not offered, please let us know and we will follow up with you on how to best support your needs. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.